With the help of The Barnet Partnership for School Sport, Holy Trinity school strives to ensure that our children are given every opportunity to experience a healthy and active life.
We welcomed the Government’s announcement of extra funding for PE and Sport which will support our commitment to physical education and sport. This commitment was driven by the passionate leadership of Lisa Huegdon (P.E. Subject Leader).
The current PE Subject Leader is Dillon Lyons, please contact him via the school office, should you have questions about the PE provision at Holy Trinity.
"It's great to meet a school so passionate about sports provision." School Parent
Evidencing the Impact of PE Premium Funding 2022-2023
Evidencing the Impact of PE Premium Funding 2021-2022
All children receive high quality physical education provided by a combination of class teachers and PE specialists. From Year 1 through to Year 6 children participate in intra-school and inter school competitive sport.
The Olympic Legacy is alive and well at Holy Trinity:
- Borough Key Steps 3 Gymnastics Champions 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Other highlights include:
- Encouraging our own young leaders; Our Bronze Ambassadors helped to plan and deliver our School Games. Year 5 and 6 pupils supported the Foundation and KS1 event and our Year 2 pupils helped to lead our KS2 games. Feedback from teachers and parents praised the work of our young leaders
- Celebrating Sports Day success with trophies for individual events
- Key Stage One participating in the Change 4 Life programme specifically targeted at pupil premium children
- Specialist PE teachers are a regular feature of Key Stage 2 PE
- Our football and netball teams participating in league and cup competitions
- Year 1 children representing the school in the Barnet dance festival
- Offering a wide range of after school sports clubs throughout the year